A Sharpening Service for both domestic and commercial customers
Formally known as Sharpknives
Examples of what we can sharpen - Hairdressing Scissors, Dog Grooming Scissors, Dressmaking Scissors, Pinking Shears, Kitchen Knives, Dog & Horse Clipper Blades, Podiatry Nippers, Woodworking Tools......
There is very little we can't sharpen, so just ask if you are unsure!
Mobile: 0791 900 6766
Landline: 01761 470 149
Bath, Bristol and surrounding areas.
(Click Here as conditions apply)
You can send whatever it is you need sharpening, just place your order and pay online, or call 01761 470149 and we can take payment over the phone.
Please print out the directions so that you can find us easily
Before coming to the workshop you might want to phone first to ensure we are in.
We can sharpen while you wait.
No minimum charge.
All major credit cards accepted.
OPEN 6 DAYS A WEEK
8:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday
9:00 am to 12:30 pm Saturdays
Sundays - Closed
- If you are thinking of starting a similar business, then we can train you.
- View the 'Training' page for more information.
- We are approved Scissor and Shear Sharpening trainers for Wolff Industries
- We are approved Clipper Blade Sharpening trainers for Nebraska Blades.
- This training will potentially save you thousands of £'s in so many ways.
- When sharpening we use a slow turning 1000 grit whetstone and polishes.
- All types and makes of knives sharpened such as Bunmei, Glestain, Global, Hattori, Henckel, HIKI, I.O. Shen, Kai Shun, Kanetsugu, Kasumi, Kikuichi, Kyocera, MAC, Mashiro, Nenohi, Sabatier, Sakai Takayuki, Tojiro, Victorinox, Wusthof and any other type of Japanese or European knife used in commercial or domestic kitchens.
- Serrated, Bread and Ceramic knife sharpening available.
- We can visit you in our mobile workshop and sharpen at your premises. Staff are never without their knives for more than a few minutes.
- We can understand you might be a bit nervous about sending your items, take a look at testimonials.
- Have a look at the photo's page for some examples of the repairs we have done.
- Hairdressing scissors, Pinking shears & Dressmaking scissors are serviced and sharpened by fully trained staff, on dedicated equipment.
- The above link shows us servicing some hairdressing scissors.
- We stock Genuine Joewell spare parts sourced direct from Japan.
- We can visit your salon and service your scissors without taking them off the premises .
- Visit the workshop. We will do what is required whilst you watch, and perhaps get some tips on scissor maintenance.
- Convex & Hamaguri edge hairdressing scissors are sharpened very differently to bevel edged scissors using different specialist equipment, but ALL scissors are stripped apart during the service.
- View the hairdressing Scissor section in the shop for more details on how we will sharpen & service your scissors. We use the industry recognised method of sharpening offering a full money back guarantee if not 100% satisfied. Follow this link to see us in action.
- All makes and types of scissor serviced such as Jaguar, Joewell, Kai, Kanpeki, Kenchii, Kodo, Kosho, Matsuzaki, Mizutani, Passion, Osaka, Sakai, Tondeo, Utsumi and.Yasaka.
- We now have a dedicated machine that can put perfect new micro serrations on your scissor edge should you want them, or need them.
- Moser Arco blade sharpening
- A5 grooming blades are serviced, not just sharpened.
- View the clipper blade section in the shop for the exact details.
- All clipper blades will be disinfected before return.
- We can sharpen while you wait at the workshop.
- We can come to you in our mobile workshop.
- Clipper machine service and PAT test
- If you have quite a few items to be sharpened we could come to you.
- We have a fully fitted mobile sharpening workshop with our own electricity supply.
- All we need is a space to park, and that's it!
- There are no extra charges for the mobile service, however we do need to cover costs so a minimum charge will need to be agreed.
- The minimum charge will be dependant on travel time and distance, and is therefore more suited for larger orders.
- When your bill is calculated, if it is above the agreed minimum charge, you only get charged for exactly what has been sharpened. If it falls below, then you get charged the agreed minimum.
- Contact us with your postcode for a minimum order quote.
Visit the workshop based between Bath and Bristol
- Make sure you contact us beforehand to agree a time to call around, as we are often out on the road. Mobile: 0791 900 6766.
- Try us on a single item if you are unsure, there is no minimum charge.
- Sat Nav will not get you all the way here! Print out the Directions To The Workshop page to get the exact details of where we are.
- We can do whatever is required whilst you wait, or drop off and pick up later. There are some lovely country pubs serving good food nearby!
- We will sharpen the day we receive your goods, and post back the following day.
- Any other questions please Contact Us.
We have joined forces with a Bristol based scissor manufacturer called Kanpeki and now stock and sell this fantastic range of hairdressing and dog grooming scissors. Come to the workshop where you can test any of the range out of their packaging.
Get a no obligation hands on feel, bring along a willing friend and cut their hair to see if you like them, and if they feel good in the hand.
All scissors have a life time warranty and also a 21 day money back guarantee, just in case you don't like them, but we are quite sure you will.
Just pop in for advice if you want. We can give you our honest opinion from a scissor sharpeners point of view, we have seen and sharpened thousands of pairs scissors, some good, and some not so good, so have seen them all!